Today, blogging has become a common profession and so the source of primary income for millions of people around the world. And platforms like WordPress provides them the required chance, ease, and resources to get started & get going. Even beginners can easily start their blogging careers with the help of WordPress. No doubt why it is the most preferred website making and blogging platform.
How to Change Your WordPress Account’s Password?
However, those who have been using WordPress for a few months now might not be aware of all of its essential features or necessary things due to the technicalities.
So, on that note, today, we will learn how to change your WordPress account’s password in the easy & straightforward steps via this blog.
There can be many reasons you want to change your password, or sometimes you simply forget it.
There are three ways to change your WordPress password.
- Log in to your WordPress account.
- Go to Users.
- Then select Your Profile.
- There you will find an account management option.
- Click on Generate Password to set the new password.
Simply reset your password.
- Go to the login page.
- Click forget the password.
- Write your email address or WordPress username.
- Verify and set the new password.
This method is a bit technical. You must have some technical knowledge and access to your hosting account to change the password via this method. If you don’t have any of them, you can’t do it – go for the above options.
- Sign in to the WordPress hosting account.
- In the control panel, go to the phpMyAdmin option.
- Select the WordPress database.
- Open the wp_users table.
- Click edit on the next screen.
- Delete the value in the user_pass field.
- Write the new password in the same box.
- Set MD5 in the column right next to it called Function.
- Click on Go to confirm the change.
So, these are the ways you can change your WordPress account’s password.